We provide Lightweight, Flexible Solar Solutions
FlexiSolar Ltd (formerly SkyShades UK LTD) are the UK market leader in lightweight, flexible solar PV solutions and we are committed to ensuring lightweight PV is the next generation solar alternative.
We offer a range of flexible, lightweight solar products ideal for commercial applications and farm buildings. Our unique solar technology is effective in indirect lighting situations and enables you to generate power nearly all day long, even on a vertical surface. In addition we are the only UK solar company that bonds solar panel film with a tensile membrane to create Tensile PV. This type of solar installation is ideal for canopies and car park shades and can be retrofitted onto existing roofs.
Why choose Lightweight Flexible Solar Panels?
- Higher performance in diffuse light or cloudy conditions
- Improved levels of efficiency at higher temperatures
- Can be installed at an angle up to 30% and any aspect
- 12% higher output per Kw installed over glass panels
- Proven to be 30% more efficient after 25 years
- It can face any direction, not just south
- Lightweight so ideal for fragile roofs
- No cracking due to roof movement
- It can be installed on flat roofs as it doesn't need to be at a pitch
- It provides a second skin to a roof
- Less planning issues as it is installed below the roof line
- 40 year life expectancy and is recyclable after the 'end of life'
- The product has been available for the last 25 years and is proven to work
- It is greener in production using 5 times less energy and 40% less silicon
- Can be integrated into a new roof with its BIPV product
FlexiSolar have installed lightweight, thin film solar panels at numerous locations around the country and it is becoming ever more popular among farmers and those with large roofs. It allows you to continue to use your land whilst using your buildings to produce your energy – no need for large ground solar farms.
- Find out more from a recent installation we did in KENT
There are many factors to be considered when choosing to invest in a solar project. Call FlexiSolar TODAY on 01480 498297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Our network of approved, MCS accredited partners will advise on the best type of solar product for you and will manage the entire project including the initial survey, feasibility study, planning, health and safety regulations, drawings, electrical infrastructure check, financing options and installation. Our installations come with a 25 year performance warranty and maintenance agreement.